iOS 5 firmware is now available. Following are the steps to update to iOS 5 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. iOS 5 brings more than 200+ new features to your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch compared toiOS 4.3.5.
IMPORTANT: Those iPhone users, depending on UltraSn0w or Gevey SIMunlock, must stay away from restoring stock iOS 5 because it will update your iPhone baseband and you won’t be able to unlock your iPhone, may be forever.
How To Update To IOS 5
Make sure you’re running iTunes 10.5 or later version. You can download iTunes 10.5 from here and then install it.
*** Not recommended for unlockers
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your computer running iTunes 10.5 or later via USB cable
- New firmware iOS 5 availability message will appear
- Hit the “Download and Install” button.
- It’ll download and install iOS 5 on your iDevice.
- Download iOS 5 firmware for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch from here.
- Open iTunes and connect your iDevice via USB cable
- Select your device from the left navigation pane on iTunes
- Hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and hit the restore button on iTunes
- Browse and select the downloaded iOS 5 IPSW file. Let the restore process complete.