One of the following messages may appear in iTunes:
- “iTunes could not connect to the Store. An unknown error occurred (-3259). Make sure your network connection is active and try again.”
- “There was an error downloading your music (-3259)”
- When trying to download purchased music, getting error -3259 message in iTunes
- When trying to connect to the iTunes Store, getting error -3259 message
This may occur if you are using an older version of iTunes, having a network connection issue, or when a Firewall protection system on the computer is blocking some communication ports that iTunes need to have open for full functionality.
- Update to the latest iTunes software version.
- Try turning off your Firewall to see if the issue is resolved (this includes the built-in Firewall or a third-party Firewall such as Norton Personal Firewall, McAfee, Symantec, etc.). See KB #HT1601 for steps if using Windows. See KB #TS1997 for steps if using Mac OS X.