windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine has commonly showed in some legal windows 7 these days which can be solved in two ways.
To remove the Windows non-genuine message from build 7601, one needs to uninstall Windows Activation Technologies (WAT KB971033). Location of the patch is as follows,
Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates
You can remove it from there. Then download and run RemoveWat 2.2.6 .
Reboot windows 7 and make sure KB 971033 is removed from your system. If you still face the program follow the instrauctions below;
You need to download the program in step 3a of the guide . Reboot and then download slmgr file and place it in the System 32 folder. Now run the Cmd and type in slmrg -rearm. Restart the PC and run Cmd again this time typing in slmgr -ato and press OK.
Now run Windows Update and download all updates except KB 971033. Download SP1 and you are all fixed.
OR you can type the mentioned commands as follows
- Click on the Start Button and type: CMD (into the ‘Search programs and files’ field in the Start Menu)
- The Start Menu will show ‘CMD.exe’,
- Right-click the CMD.exe file and select Run As Administrator.
- In the CMD window, type: slmgr.vbs -ipk <type your product key here>
- To activate windows after changing the key, type: slmgr.vbs -ato